Gregory C. Starkey
Gregory C. Starkey founded the Birmingham Men’s Law Firm to represent the interest of husbands, fathers and other men who are involved in Divorce, Family Law and other legal matters. The firm offers legal services that always keeps the best interests of the client in mind. Because of this commitment to the client, Mr. Starkey was appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court as a member of the Advisory Committee on Child Support Guidelines and Enforcement.
Mr. Starkey received his bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Alabama at Birmingham where he made the Dean’s List. He then received his law degree from the Birmingham School of Law where he was ranked in the top 10 of his class.
Mr. Starkey has practiced law since 2004. During that time, his legal practice has also included bankruptcy, Social Security Disability, evictions and tax law issues. This diverse background is greatly beneficial to his Family Law clients as many have faced issues like these leading up to their divorce, custody or family law matter.
Mr. Starkey has personally been through the divorce process, so he has faced the
confrontational end of these cases from both sides. He sympathizes with his clients and does what it takes to pursue the best results possible.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law & Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Social Security Disability
- Landlord Tenant (Evictions)
- IRS Representation
- Alabama, 2005
- Birmingham School of Law, Birmingham, Alabama
- Honors: Graduated 10th in Class
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of ALabama in Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Marketing
- Jefferson State Junior College, Birmingham, Alabama
- Associates – 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- American Trial Lawyers, 2005 – Present
- Advisory Committee on Child Support Guidelines and Enforcement, Appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court
Past Employment Positions
- City of Birmingham Fire Department, Firefighter, 1984 – 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Alabama Volunteer Lawyer’s Program, 2005 – Present
- Salvation Army, 2006 – Present
- Tax Preparation & IRS Representation