Gregory C. Starkey & Associates


toll free

Let Me Help You Get Your Life Back on Track
Let Me Help You Get Your Life Back on Track

December 2016 Archives

What you need to know about divorce and your retirement account

If you are facing a divorce, you know that your entire life is in a moment of change. What you might not realize is the way that change can alter your plans for the future, even far-off plans that might not seem as immediately important in the wake of everything else you need to do to get your life reorganized so you can move forward. This leads many people to neglect to pay attention to what their divorce might do to their retirement accounts, and that can be a costly mistake once everything is settled.

What can be done to enforce delinquent child support?

When Alabama parents share a child but are no longer together as a couple, one parent will generally be ordered to pay child support to the other. There are times when the supporting parent is delinquent in what he or she owes. The state has certain methods that it will use to enforce these obligations.